So maybe it's been a while. And it probably would be even longer had I not received a nice kick in the rear to put words onto the Internet again from Laura and Erin at Listen To Your Mother.
More on that in a bit. Let's catch up first, mmmkay?
When we last left off, I was sun-drenched and salt-washed after a week in North Carolina.
- School started
- I turned 41 and started using reading glasses that morning
- I retired from column-writing for the Journal-World
- Sara and I booked a stage reading for our musical, "Mother%$!#Hood," and spent the next six months recording and transcribing music and casting and directing... debuts April 5th!
- Another one started learning to drive
- We broke the world record for the longest pantry remodel
- I discovered and then backed away from Pinterest
- Dave and I celebrated Valentine's Day with a bar crawl down the coast of Cozumel
- A kid threw up on me in the lunch line at the grade school
- I auditioned for and was cast in Kansas City's Listen To Your Mother Show
- KU won the Big XII Tournament
I'm happy to report that so far: none of our kids have dropped out of school, I now own two pairs of reading glasses and am fine with that because Dave Grohl wears them too, I don't miss writing a weekly column like I feared I might, "Mother%$!#Hood" has sold over 200 tickets so far, Amelia (unlike Ellie) has not backed into anything yet, pantry is done and rocks, I still have a Pinterest page and only spend 10 minutes each week on it, none of the pictures from Naked Beach have surfaced, I did not sympathy vomit with the puker and...
Listen To Your Mother goes up May 11th at Unity Temple on the Plaza.
Welcome to my oft-neglected blog. I hope to see you again soon. And by that I mean I hope I sit my a$$ down and write again before fall.